How does the design process work?
London Fire Sprinklers create unique site drawings personal to every building or project. Our sprinkler heads are positioned evenly throughout the building/s, whilst ensuring they’re within their design parameters to complete the design process. We use the latest software – Canute, to produce a full specification of the system that we will install for you, which details the pressure, flowrate and pipe size requirements for the project.
Once the required pressure and flow rate has been calculated, we then look at the mains water supply to determine whether the water supply would meet the fire sprinkler system requirements. If it doesn’t, there are two primary options to overcome this:
1) Have a new dedicated mains water supply installed that will meet the demands of the system.
2) Have a dedicated storage tank and booster pump designed and installed for the system.
The M&E requirements of the buildings will determine the application of these options, as there are a number of variations of each. London Fire Sprinklers will provide this advice and will take care of the design and installation of the tank and booster pump if needed.
Our engineers are highly experienced and work in a professional manner alongside other trades. All components used in the installation process are specified to ensure that the systems are installed in the most cost-effective way. We use the smallest, most discreet residential sprinkler heads available.
We carry out our work in two stages:
FIRST STAGE FIX
- Installation of main pipework
- Installation of sprinkler heads
- Installation of storage tanks and booster pumps
- Installation of valves
- Installation of electrical (flow switches, alarms etc.)
- Purging of pipework
- Testing of pipework
SECOND STAGE FIX
- Installation of sprinkler head cover plates
- Commissioning of system
- Issue certificates and handover
We are specialists in the design, supply, installation & maintenance of residential & domestic fire sprinkler systems throughout London.